Purposes of ITC
International Theosophy Conferences Inc. is a platform where Theosophical organizations and all other earnest students of Theosophy meet. This infers that ITC won’t typically function as another Theosophical vehicle, in spreading Theosophy itself. Instead ITC is committed to connect all Theosophists, supporting them in their common cause in the light of the purposes of ITC, which are:
- To maintain the principles of the Modern Theosophical Movement presented by H. P. B. as a living power in the minds and hearts of Humanity, encouraging explorations in the light of her teachings.
- To foster mutual meaningful intercommunication, understanding and respect among the Theosophical mainstreams, stimulating thereby continuous spiritual Unity.
- To be a platform, supporting and sponsoring the annual international Conference of Theosophical Organizations.
- To unite people in sharing the Philosophy of Theosophy, studying and further exploring Religion, Philosophy and Science from a Theosophical Perspective.
More about ITC click here.
Click for more information on:
- Program ITC 2016 Santa Barbara, California
- Date and venue
- Donations and (online) payments
Theosophy and social responsibility
Applying the Head and Heart Teachings of H. P. Blavatsky
The aim of the 2016 Conference is to explore the active connection between Theosophical teachings and social responsibility, focusing on study and cross-pollination.
Guided by the principles and metaphysical perspectives given in The Secret Doctrine and
other writings of H.P.B. and those of her close co-workers, conference participants are going to discuss how fundamental
ethical questions reflected in contemporary social conditions might be answered.
- How might students of Theosophy understand and practice social responsibility?
- What thoughts and deeds might help us reduce suffering and improve the quality of life for all that lives.
- Do the teachings of Theosophy, in particular the messages of H. P. Blavatsky, indicate a duty to help others?
During the conference a number of themes relating to Social Responsibility will be introduced in short talks and further discussed in study circles. The results will be shared in plenary sessions.
Registrants will receive a code with which they can access a form where they can enroll for the study circles of their interest. For each study circle theme a selection of reading material will be made available for participants to prepare themselves ahead of the conference.
The location and program of the Conference, at La Casa de Maria, will provide an inspiring and regenerative opportunity for both formal and informal discussion in a community of Theosophical learning.
View the preliminary program here.
The ITC will take place from Thursday, August 11 to Sunday August 14, 2016.
The venue for the 2016 International Theosophy Conference will be:
La Casa de Maria
800 EL Bosque Road
Santa Barbara CA 93108
Click here for photos of La Casa de Maria to get an impression.
For a list of hotels and other accomodation options in the vicinity of Santa Barbara click here.
To read more information about getting to the La Casa de Maria Conference Site: click here to download the pdf.
The ITC Conference will be held at La Casa de Maria, 800 El Bosque Road, in the small town of Montecito on the southern edge of Santa Barbara. La Casa is not very accessible by bus or shuttle. Taxis are always an option for transportation from Santa Barbara to La Casa de Maria.If you desire an ITC volunteer pickup from a transportation hub once you arrive in Santa Barbara, please fill out this two page "International Theosophy Conference Transportation Form" and email it to Carolyn Dorrance at by June 15.
Volunteers will pick up and drop off guests according to the information you list.
You should receive a confirmation via email that this transportation reservation has been received.
To register, please fill out this registration form.
Seats are limited with a maximum of 140 participants so in order to avoid disappointment you are strongly advised to register as soon as possible.
For this year's ITC 40 rooms are available. Each room has three single beds, a bath and a shower. The costs per person depend on the occupation of the room (max 3). When a room is reserved for 2 or 3 persons, one person (called the prime) is required to register and pay for the other(s) as well.
Meals are standard vegetarian. If you have dietary preferences (vegan, gluten-free or other) or special requirements for a wheelchair accessible room (2 available), please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the button below to make a donation or online payments for registration.
For USA residents checks can be made out to:
International Theosophy Conferences Inc,
c/o D. Grossman
211 E.7th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11218